Read regular updates from our Iceland travel blog. From tips and tricks to in-depth guides, we've got it all covered. If you're planning on heading to Iceland then we have some great insider experience that can help you make the most of your trip. Read our guides on things to do, dining out and more!
- Where to see the Northern Lights in Iceland Iceland is one of the best places to see the Northern Lights, which is more formally known as Aurora Borealis. The name is an amalgamation of the name Aurora, who is the Roman goddess of dawn, and Boreas, which is the as the Greek word for the north wind. It is an elusive and unpredictable natural phenomenon- which arguably makes it even more special to see.
- Our Guide to Flying to Iceland Iceland, the land of ice and fire, has become an increasingly popular place to travel to; the tourist industry in Iceland bloomed after the 2010 Eyjafjallajökull volcano eruption. Each year millions of visitors come to Iceland to experience the island’s beauty, adventure and activities.
- How to Drive the Golden Circle Self-driving around the Golden Circle, the most popular route in the country, is a must-do activity if you are visiting Iceland. Self-driving gives you the flexibility to stop and explore at your convenience.
- Smoking in Reykjavik – Everything you need to know As with many countries, Iceland has seen a lot of change to the attitudes and laws towards smoking cigarettes since the beginning of the 21st century.
- How much does it snow in Reykjavik? If you’re planning a trip to Iceland, you probably have a lot of questions about what type of weather to expect when you are there. Most people who visit Iceland spend at least some time in Reykjavik, so it’s important to understand what type of weather you should expect in the city.
- Swimming Pools in Iceland You Have to Visit Icelanders love water. Swimming and enjoying geothermal springs is a favourite past time of the Icelandic people, and as a result there are many fantastic places to swim in Iceland. Thanks